- Practice popular dances from different countries and learn about the symbolism in the dances.
- Research cultures that prohibited dancing.
- Study artifacts showing how ancient civilizations viewed dancing.
- Create a series of fictional short stories about a protagonist who uses professional dancing as a cover for their secret spy activities.
- Write a letter to the editor about the cultural importance of dancing and submit it to your local newspaper. See Submit a Letter to the Editor.
- Read books that discuss different dancing techniques. See Reading.
- Use the motions of dance to discuss angular momentum, gravity, force, and related concepts.
- Look into dance science programs that teach physiology, anatomy, kinesiology, psychology, biomechanics, nutrition, and similar fields of study.
- Choreograph a dance using geometric shapes.
- Use dancing stick figures in place of variables in algebra formulas.
- Teach about angles or trigonometry using dance positions with extended arms or legs.
Art and Creativity
- Perform an interpretative dance that represents the personality of each person in the family.
- Organize a dance competition for friends and neighbors. See Organize a Competition.
- Start an online video course teaching others how to dance. See Teach an Online Course.